Make A reservation
Get Best Available Offer Now!
Things to Know
- Brackenhurst is located approximately one hour from Jomo Kenyatta Airport and is about 30 minutes outside of Nairobi, the capital of Kenya.
- Brackenhurst is 124 kilometers (77 miles) south of the equator.
- The altitude at Brackenhurst is 2,240 meters (7,280 feet).
- Due to the high altitude the temperatures are cooler than expected. Average high temps range from 18 to 25 degrees celsius (65 to 75 F) with lows being around 10 to 14 degrees celsius (50 to 60 F).
- January through March are generally warmer with sunny days and cool nights.
- April through May are usually cooler with increased precipitation.
- June through early September are generally the coolest months with increased cloud cover, especially in the morning hours.
- Late September through October are often sunny with warm days and cool nights.
- November and December are usually mixed with sunshine, warmer days and increased precipitation.
- There is 25% less oxygen in the air at Brackenhurst's high altitude. Persons coming from low altitudes should allow themselves time to acclimate before attempting overly strenuous physical activity.
- Brackenhurst has an onsite health clinic that is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM and is available for emergencies at all hours.
- There is no known malaria present at Brackenhurst due to the high altitude.
- Smoking is not allowed on the main campus at any time. A designated smoking area is located outside the main gate.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the campus at any time.
- No ATM is located on campus. The gift shop can exchange US dollars for Kenyan shillings and can facilitate withdrawals and payments through MPesa.
- All major credit cards are accepted at Brackenhurst.
- Wifi is available on most of the main campus.
- Most conference packages include meals. A la carte meals can also be ordered from the Muna Tree Cafe from 7 AM to 10 PM.